Complex issues need collaborative solutions. Communities bring all the critical players to the collaboration—service providers, educators, health care professionals, law enforcement, businesses, government agencies, and most importantly, parents and youth. LOCAL communities utilize support to identify gaps in services, develop LONG-TERM plans using the LATEST strategies and data, and coordinate activities. The community collaboration then commits to common goals, measurements, and practices—working as one toward the end goal of improving well-being.
Bring Up Nebraska is a community-led effort, instead of the usual "top down" approach to prevention services. Communities have the best understanding of their own needs and resources. By working in community collaboratives, LOCAL partners identify and coordinate resources in new ways for affordability and sustainability. The focus of Bring Up Nebraska is on building the community's capacity to solve its own problems and be accountable to each other.
Community prevention efforts are not new. Bring Up Nebraska directs new energy, new focus, and new partners to prevention efforts. Through this new energy, we wish to bring more communities and more partners to the table.
Bring Up Nebraska Community Collaboratives:
- Better Together / Partners 4 Otoe County
- Buffalo County Community Partners
- Community and Family Partnership (Platte, Colfax, Nance and Platte Counties)
- Community Impact Network (Adams, Clay, Nuckolls and Webster Counties)
- Dawson County Collaborative
- Douglas County Community Response Collaborative
- Families First Partnership (Lincoln, Arthur, Keith and Perkins Counties)
- Four Counties Collaborative (Johnson, Nemaha, Pawnee and Richardson Counties)
- Fremont Family Coalition (Dodge, Burt and Washington Counties)
- Growing Community Connections (Dakota County)
- Hall County Community Collaborative - H3C (Franklin, Hall, Hamilton, Harlan, Howard, Kearney, Merrick and Phelps Counties)
- Lancaster County Coalition
- Lift Up Sarpy County
- Norfolk Family Coalition (Madison, Pierce, Stanton and Wayne Counties)
- Panhandle Partnership (Banner, Box Butte, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Garden, Kimball, Morrill, Scottsbluff, Sheridan and Sioux Counties)
- Sandhills Community Collaborative (Blaine, Custer, Garfield, Greeley, Loup, Sherman, Valley and Wheeler Counties)
- Tribal Society of Care Collaborative
- Valentine Children and Families Coalition (Cherry County)
- York County Health Coalition
- Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska